The Lily Pad: Polliwogs
In our Polliwog program, designed specifically for those entering Pre-K*, our youngest campers will spend their days engaged by music, creative movement and play, nature explorations, creating treats in the kitchen, daily swim lessons, and playing all kinds of outdoor games. We’ll have a chance to discover and explore the world around us during ‘Noticing Nature’, and sing and dance at our weekly dance party. The fun is just a hop, skip and jump away this summer—come join the excitement on the pad!
Although the Polliwog day ends at 1:30 p.m., for those campers ready to extend their day until 3:30 p.m., we do offer a Polliwogs Plus option, where campers will continue to play, learn, and enjoy all that summer camp has to offer.
*All campers must be bathroom independent
So Much To Do on ‘The Pad’
- Outdoor Games The possibilities are endless when it comes to outdoor games with Gio! Every day, campers play games like Apple Hill, Alien Planet Rescue, Perpetual Tag, Huckle Buckle Beanstalk, Capture the Flag, Tunnel Tag, and so many more! Gio specializes in teaching us games we love, how to work together, and have fun.
- Swimming Instruction Campers will have a daily swimming lesson with one of our American Red Cross certified water safety instructors. Campers will be placed in small groups based on ability so that each child has the time, instruction, and supervision to build confidence and ability in the water while having fun!
- STEM Room Our Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Room is designed to engage a wide range of ages while experimenting and exploring with various materials to discover endless possibilities. Experimenting with building blocks, Bee-Bots, ramps, pathways, and many more materials are all possibilities during our sessions. Campers will design and make projects that are truly unique and innovative, focusing each week on a challenge question that will utilize some collaboration and individual work to achieve the goal or come up with answers to the question. Campers will design and create different projects that are unique and innovative.
- The Little Red Shed Where campers will use their imaginations and a wide variety of materials to create unique and astounding pieces of music and art
- Noticing Nature From the meadow to Shady Glenn, our curious campers will venture into our amazing 34-acre campus. They will have a chance to explore and discover the different species of plants and animals that call Park their home. Just like real scientists, we will ask questions and make discoveries about many of the creatures and plants that are on the Lily Pad.
- Storytime Campers will become immersed in literature . Their imaginative adventures will inspire group artistic creations, science experiments, building projects, and different culinary treats.
Will is currently an Associate Kindergarten Teacher here at The Park School and is attending Cambridge College to receive his Masters in Early Childhood Education. This is his ninth summer as a counselor, and third as a Lily Pad Program Director. He attended Summer at Park as a camper from the ages of five to fifteen and knew he could always count on Summer at Park to provide a fun filled Summer! His goal is to ensure that each and every Lily Pad camper leaves camp with the best possible camp experience, just like he received as a child. He is looking forward to an amazing Summer with the Lily Pad Team!
Giovanni has been educating young children for almost 20 years. He worked at the Pierce School Extended Day for 9 years and joined the Park School Faculty as a teacher in the After-School Program in 2010. Giovanni studied mathematical science at Western New England College.